CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc.
|Date:||08/16/2013 from 7:30 AM to 03:00 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Doubletree Tech Center, Free Parking & WiFi, 303-779-6161
This tightly-focused seminar, including a full/hot lunch plus VMware, HP, Intel, Microsoft and Dell keynotes - fantastic lineup! - covers the increasingly related topics of cloud/virtualization/storage/infrastructure and security/network/wireless/BYOD. Angelbeat coordinates expert speakers from all the organizations listed on the right who deliver concise, technical and complementary talks. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and past attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's and other individuals can receive 6 CPE credit hours for attending. As one Wal-Mart attendee states, "Of all the seminars I attend, your format is by far the best. Brief informative talks from vendors, followed by one-on-one time at their booth to find out more. I am out of the office for less than a day yet I have access to all the different solutions. This year I will follow up with two vendors." As another IT Director commented, “Thanks for hosting a very informative meeting with vendors that tied in well… it was an integrated picture of technologies that work together to create a complete infrastructure solution for the workplace.” Listen to Angelbeat CEO's Ron Gerber podcast to hear why you should attend. Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see clips from past events and hear other attendee testimonials. Join your peers from Echostar, CH2M, Newmont Mining, Great-West Financial, Visa, Travelport, Davita, University of Colorado, Aims Community College, Colorado Springs Schools, Jefferson County, Douglas County, City of Greenwood Village, Children's Hospital and many more leading employers who have already signed up.
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstrations
8:30 - 9:40: Security/Compliance: Solutions to the Ever-Growing Threat and Vulnerability Landscape
Security and compliance vulnerabilities will only grow in 2013, driven by these trends:
- Virtualization and cloud computing, with sensitive/confidential information and programs stored in multiple and possibly unsecured third-party locations such as dropbox.
- Secure remote access requirements from an ever growing list of devices - laptop, netbook, home PC, MAC, smartphone and tablet - accessing behind-the-firewall data via multiple networks including corporate LAN, home wifi, public wifi and 3G/4G cellular.
- Hackers targeting facebook, linkedin, youtube and twitter, as social media can no longer be blocked at work, plus web-filtering cannot always block tinyurl's automatically truncated. There is also an alarmingly high percentage of downloadable apps containing malware, across all smartphone and desktop platforms.
- Web-based or SaaS enterprise applications, with browser vulnerabilities that are often the weakest link in a defense-in-depth strategy exposing organizations to substantial risk
- Foreign-based DDOS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks, from either rogue organizations or even pseudo-government agencies, seeking to crash American website operations.
- The growing need to protect unstructured and semi structured data—documents, spreadsheets, presentations, media files and other business data - residing in file servers, NAS devices, SharePoint, Exchange and cloud-based services such as Box, Skydrive and Google Drive. Who should and shouldn't have access, which data is highly sensitive and of greatest value/risk, etc.
Learn from experts from Kaspersky, Dell SonicWALL, Varonis and Accelion how to enhance existing defense-in-depth security architecture - spam, anti-virus, web filtering, IDS/IPS, (next generation) firewall, ediscovery, patching - with the latest solutions, keeping you one step ahead of hackers and maintaining compliance with all applicable internal, regulatory and government guidelines.
9:40 - 10:30: Storage, Backup, Virtualization, Data Center Architecture
Organizations must optimize their existing and internal storage/server/network/data center infrastructure for maximum efficiency before considering external/outsourced cloud services. Topics covered by HP, Dell and Veeam experts include:
- Virtualization recommendations for and across not just servers but also storage and entire data centers, to increase utilization, create R&D testing sites without impacting live production, support disaster recovery/business continuity requirements, etc.
- Integration of networking, server and storage protocols/equipment under a common virtualization platform and data center/network "fabric"
- Flash storage performance/cost benefits versus traditional platforms
- Growth trends for iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NSA and SAN storage deployments, and how this affects your virtualization strategies
- Centrally-hosted application/file delivery/storage architecture to optimize performance of thin clients/virtual desktops
- Scale-up vs Scale-out storage strategies to support both data-at-motion and data-at-rest
- Tiered storage strategies to match data access requirements and update frequency with hardware costs
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Best Practices; the importance of cost-effective and efficient recovery systems.
- Data Deduplication on primary and backup hardware, to eliminate unnecessary storage of redundant information.
- Backup/archiving best practices in virtualized/cloud architectures, where data is not locked to a specific location or hardware platform.
- Why organizations are still buying storage and expanding their internal data centers, despite cloud-based and co-location services from Amazon, Rackspace and others.
10:30: Break, Product Demonstrations, Peer Networking
11:10 - 12:00: VMware Keynote: Virtualization, Cloud, Software Defined Networks
Matthew Sullivan from VMware will discuss their vCloud® Hybrid Service™ (vCHS) , an exciting hybrid cloud offering. vCHS is a VMware owned and operated external cloud offering that uses the same software stack as our customers and thus provides unmatched operational efficiencies that reduce operational complexity, risk and TCO. In essence, it is infrastructure as a service (IaaS) or capacity on demand recognized in an OpEx model that will enable firms to easily and confidently execute your Hybrid Cloud strategy.
Along with inherent data center compatibility and agility benefits, vCloud Hybrid Service offers:
- Seamless networking, burstable traffic and security (use your same IP and MAC addresses, FW, LB, NAT and VXLAN).
- Common management and orchestration platform (automation and provisioning) that spans on-premise and off-premise.
- No changes to new or legacy applications - move workloads to and from our external cloud without having to make any changes to the VM, vApp, network configurations or security policies.
- VMware world class support
Jim Heintz from VMware will be discussing their expanded strategic offerings for customers. Virtualization has brought tremendous benefits in the server space and is expanding value to the storage, network, end user and management areas. The Software Defined Data Center creates flexibility and agility using software that cannot be imagined with only hardware. Jim’s content will ignite ideas for your organization and actions you can implement today.
12:00 - 12:20: Dell Big Data: Matching Data Center, Data Warehousing, Storage Infrastructure with Line-of-Business Marketing/Business Analytics Requirements
"Big Data" - trying to make sense out of the exponential growth in data driven by not just website traffic but also twitter, facebook, mobile/cellular location-based statistics - is one of the most important subjects in business today. IT infrastructure professionals must work hand-in-hand with their marketing/sales colleagues, to ensure that their data center, data warehousing and storage infrastructure, plus enterprise software tools and business analytics meet line-of-business requirements. Dell will share their best practices with you and provide valuable/practical guidance on this important subject.
Full Hot Lunch, Product Demonstrations
1:30 - 2:00: BYOD Bring Your Own Device, MDM Mobile Device Management, Wireless
During Q1 2013, Apple sold almost 40 million iPhones and 20 million iPads, while Google and its partners sold over 156 million Android-powered devices. These devices are often employee-owned and are rapidly making their way to the workplace - the Bring-your-own-Device (BYOD) revolution - creating a new set of security and management challenges for IT departments. Experts will share best practices on supporting tablet, laptop, smartphone and other devices on your network, which often run different operating systems and rely upon different security protocols. For instance, how can sensitive corporate data be segmented/separated/encrypted from personal information when using the same device? How can you integrate a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution with existing end point/anti-virus security products? Should you create specialized apps for your employees and/or customers, or do smartphone browsers have sufficient functionality?
Every tablet and smartphone shares a common feature - they can only connect to the Internet via wireless, which greatly increases the importance of a comprehensive wi-fi infrastructure and strategy. With unlicensed wireless device growth measured in the billions of units, combined with a growing role for machine-to-machine mobile communications (the "Internet of Things") and more wireless-based mission-critical applications, it is essential that IT professionals eliminate rf interference, ensure end user wi-fi performance and understand the next generation of standards including 802.11n and 802.11ac, which enables multi-station WLAN throughput of 1 gigabits per second. You will also understand how to combine existing a/b/g access points with higher-speed solutions now available, plus create an integrated Wi-Fi/4G wireless strategy for your mobile workers.
2:00 - 2:30: Intel Energy-Efficient Chipset Platforms, Tablet, Laptop, Ultrabook, Smartphone Clients, Consumerization of IT
- Enhanced performance of desktop virtualization (Citrix/Xen), storage/server virtualization (VMotion, VSphere, Hyper-V) and systems/desktop management (Landesk, Altiris, SMS) through integration with silicon architecture/embedded software.
- The role of x86 architecture/standards versus ARM in IT asset management and application compatibility across all devices and platforms.
- Comparison of tablet, laptop, ultrabook and smartphones, client refresh strategies and recommendations on how to save hardware/capex costs without impacting user performance.
- Intel/McAfee integrated security solutions
- Silicon-based separation of enterprise and consumer images, to allow one hardware platform for both business and personal usage
- Power management, energy savings and improved performance with Multi-Core chipset platforms for PCs and Servers
- vPro desktop semiconductor platforms for remote diagnostic/trouble-shooting without sending a technician to repair a disabled PC.
- Desktop mgt solutions including 100% accurate remote patch update & hardware/software inventory compilation without onsite analysis, from a central console
2:30 - 3:00: Microsoft Azure Cloud and Software-Defined Networking Offerings, Special Hands-On Demonstration/Lab
Windows Azure is quickly becoming the go to location to build Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Windows Azure has new software defined networking features to seamlessly let you connect you Windows Azure VM’s directly to your on-premise infrastructure. These features dramatically expand capabilities and flexibility beyond traditional on-premise infrastructure.
In this session you will be introduced to Windows Azure, understand some of the new features, and participate in a simple yet powerful hands-on lab that shows how easy it is to build virtual machines in Windows Azure. If you would like to more actively participate in this hand-on lab, please go to http://aka.ms/NewAzureTrial and sign up for a free Windows Azure trial account in advance, and bring your laptop.
Raffle Drawings for Great Prizes, End of EventCLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT