CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc. Click here for more details.
|Date:||03/21/2013 from 7:30 AM to 03:15 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
This tightly-focused seminar covers cloud/virtualization/storage/infrastructure and security/network/BYOD issues. Angelbeat coordinates expert speakers (from organizations on the right) who deliver concise, technical and complementary talks. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and past attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's and other individuals can receive 6 CPE credit hours for attending. As one Wal-Mart attendee states, "Of all the seminars I attend, your format is by far the best. Brief informative talks from vendors, followed by one-on-one time at their booth to find out more. I am out of the office for less than a day yet I have access to all the different solutions. This year I will follow up with two vendors." Listen to Angelbeat CEO's Ron Gerber podcast to hear why you should attend. Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see clips from past events and hear other attendee testimonials. Join your peers from Macy's, Conde Nast, A&E Television, City of New York, NYSE, AllianceBernstein, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, BNP Paribas, Morgan Stanley, Mastercard, Con Edison, Standard & Poors, Forest Laboratories, Fordham University, Yale University and other leading employers who are confirmed attendees. There is a special Verizon presentation on wireless-based disaster recovery/business continuity, especially important after Hurricane Sandy. At the end of this seminar, all attendees can receive a special tour of Yankee Stadium!
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstrations
8:30 - 9:30: Security/Compliance: Solutions to the Ever-Growing Threat and Vulnerability Landscape
Security and compliance vulnerabilities will only grow in 2013, driven by these trends:
- Virtualization and cloud computing, with sensitive/confidential information and programs stored in multiple and possibly unsecured third-party locations
- Secure remote access requirements from an ever growing list of devices - laptop, netbook, home PC, MAC, smartphone and tablet - accessing behind-the-firewall data via multiple networks including corporate LAN, home wifi, public wifi and 3G/4G cellular.
- Hackers targeting facebook, linkedin, youtube and twitter, as social media can no longer be blocked at work. Plus an alarmingly high percentage of downloadable apps contain malware.
- Web-based or SaaS enterprise applications, with browser vulnerabilities that are often the weakest link in a defense-in-depth strategy exposing organizations to substantial risk
Learn how to enhance existing defense-in-depth security architecture - spam, anti-virus, web filtering, IDS/IPS, firewall, ediscovery, patching - with the latest solutions, keeping you one step ahead of hackers and maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory and government guidelines.
9:30 - 10:30: BYOD Bring Your Own Device, MDM Mobile Device Management, Wireless, VoIP/Unified Communications, Thin Client/Virtual Desktop
Apple is projected to sell over 300 million iPhones and iPads in 2012. These consumer devices, along with Google Android-powered clients and Windows 8 Tablets/Windows Phone offerings, are often employee-owned and are rapidly making their way to the workplace - the Bring-your-own-Device (BYOD) revolution - creating a new set of security and management challenges for IT departments. Experts will share best practices on supporting tablet, laptop, smartphone and other devices on your network, which often run different operating systems and rely upon different security protocols. For instance, how can sensitive corporate data be segmented/separated/encrypted from personal information when using the same devicet? How can you integrate a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution with existing end point/anti-virus security products? There will also be discussions on and comparisons of the top thin client/virtual desktop platforms.
Every tablet and smartphone shares a common feature - they can only connect to the Internet via wireless, which greatly increases the importance of a comprehensive wi-fi infrastructure and strategy. With unlicensed wireless device growth measured in the billions of units, plus more mission-critical applications are being deployed wirelessly, it is essential that IT professionals eliminate rf interference, ensure end user wi-fi performance and understand the next generation of 802.11 standards. This includes not only 802.11n but also 802.11ac that will enable multi-station WLAN throughput of 1 gigabits per second. You will also understand how to combine existing a/b/g access points with higher-speed solutions now available, plus create an integrated Wi-Fi/4G wireless strategy for your mobile workers. Verizon will discuss wireless backup for disaster recovery/business continuity applications, an especially important topic after Hurricane Sandy.
The growing importance of unified communications in today's always-on, always-connected world, is widely accepted by all IT professionals. Learn how to combine Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social networking applications with email, instant messaging, voice mail and traditional telephone communications, thereby increasing the productivity of your workforce. Understand the evolution of telephone systems - from premise-based PBX or VoIP installations to hosted or cloud-based delivery platforms - and see what changes are recommended within your own organization, based on workforce demographics. See how you can provide your employees with a common unified communications platform supporting desktop, smartphone, laptop and tablet devices.
10:30: Break, Product Demonstrations, Peer Networking
11:00 - 12:10: Virtualization, Cloud, Storage, Backup, Software Defined Networks
Organizations must optimize their existing and internal server/storage/data center infrastructure for maximum efficiency - combining the best of virtual and private cloud functionality - before considering external/outsourced public cloud services. Topics include:
- Virtualization recommendations for and across servers, storage and data centers to increase utilization, create R&D testing sites without impacting live production, support disaster recovery/business continuity requirements, etc.
- Integration of networking, server and storage protocols/equipment under a common virtualization platform and data center/network "fabric"
- The impact of software defined networking ("SDN"), which allows network administrators to have centralized control of network traffic/performance without requiring physical access to the network's hardware devices
- Server/Storage Reliability/Uptime, critically important with significantly fewer hardware platforms with virtualization, all running at much higher utilization levels
- Growth trends for iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NSA and SAN storage deployments, and how this affects your virtualization strategies
- Scale-up vs Scale-out storage strategies
- Tiered storage strategies to match data access requirements and update frequency with hardware costs
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Best Practices; the importance of cost-effective and efficient recovery systems.
- Data Deduplication on primary and backup hardware, to eliminate unnecessary storage of redundant information.
- Backup/archiving best practices in virtualized/cloud architectures, where data is not locked to a specific location or hardware platform.
- Green IT, energy cost savings and using Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) calculations to financially justify infrastructure IT projects
Cloud computing in its broadest sense is the usage of external IT resources. Attendees will be educated on various cloud computing options, to help them determine the most appropriate solution for their organization.
- Distinction between private cloud and virtualized/in-house data center
- Benefits of moving some, most, if not all storage & server hardware to a co-location/hosting facility, e.g. perhaps only backup files and tapes are stored/located offsite?
- Benefits of transferring some, most, if not all software applications to a cloud service provider, e.g. using a cloud provider to handle peak/high-volume customer web demand only?
- Recommendations for an integrated public cloud/private cloud/virtualized data center infrastructure, covering both internal/employee & external/customer-facing applications
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual and cloud environments, while ensuring compliance with corporate standards
- Cloud computing definitions and framework: IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), to name a few acronyms/options that will be discussed at the seminar
12:10 - 12:30: IPv6 Migration
Adopting IPv6 is an inevitability for all large enterprises and service providers. As the global supply of IPv4 addresses continues to dwindle, support for the exploding number of IPv6-enabled devices – new laptops, smart phones, tablets and more – that will connect to the Internet and computer networks will be a requirement. Every day of IPv6 adoption delay compromises a business's ability to fully participate in the Internet ecosystem and reach the growing number of end users, customers, partners and suppliers who are online with IPv6-enabled devices.
Despite this detrimental consequence, recent surveys reveal that 60% of enterprise IT teams do not have an IPv6 adoption plan and 80% feel that they are not well educated on IPv6. Among those that do have a plan, 64% fear they will not successfully implement support for IPv6. To aid enterprises and service providers in the IPv6 adoption process, Angelbeat has arranged for Infoblox to discuss its IPv6 service offerings, including IP address management capabilities that are necessary to successfully adopt and manage the new IPv6 addressing schema.
Lunch, Product Demonstrations
1:30 - 1:50: Verizon Wireless: 4G LTE Coverage, Wireless Connectivity for Backup/DR/Business Continuity/Comparison of Apple iOS vs Microsoft Windows Phone vs Google Android vs BlackBerry 10,
Verizon Wireless will compare the four major smartphone operating systems - Apple iOS, Microsoft Windows Phone, Google Android and BlackBerry 10 - the integration of wireless connectivity into an organization's business continuity/DR strategy, rollout plans for 4G LTE high-speed wireless and managing the data explosion driven by machine-to-machine wireless data and BYOD initiatives.
1:50 - 2:15 Intel Energy-Efficient Chipset Platforms, Tablet, Laptop, Ultrabook, Smartphone Clients, Consumerization of IT
- Enhanced performance of desktop virtualization (Citrix/Xen), storage/server virtualization (VMotion, VSphere, Hyper-V) and systems/desktop management (Landesk, Altiris, SMS) through integration with silicon architecture/embedded software.
- Comparison of tablet, laptop, ultrabook and smartphones, client refresh strategies and recommendations on how to save hardware/capex costs without impacting user performance.
- Intel/McAfee integrated security solutions
- Silicon-based separation of enterprise and consumer images, to allow one hardware platform for both business and personal usage
- Power management, energy savings and improved performance with Multi-Core chipset platforms for PCs and Servers
- vPro desktop semiconductor platforms for remote diagnostic/trouble-shooting without sending a technician to repair a disabled PC.
- Desktop mgt solutions including 100% accurate remote patch update & hardware/software inventory compilation without onsite analysis, from a central console
2:15 - 2:40: Microsoft Windows 8/Office2013 Preview, Systems Center 2012, Azure Cloud Offerings
Windows 8 delivers experiences users want, offers new possibilities for mobile productivity, and provides IT with a more secure, easy-to-manage infrastructure. It's Windows reimagined and reinvented from a solid core of Windows 7 speed and reliability. It's an all-new touch interface. It's a new Windows for new devices. Windows 8 offers seamless integration with Office2013 and cloud-based Office365. This exciting new client platform from Microsoft will be previewed/demonstrated, plus you will gain insights on upgrade options between Windows 7 and 8.
Microsoft System Center 2012 is a comprehensive management platform that enables you to more easily and efficiently manage your IT environments, including your server infrastructure and client devices. With System Center 2012, you get the most cost effective and flexible platform for managing your traditional datacenters, private and public clouds, and client computers and devices. System Center 2012 is the only unified management platform where you can manage multiple hypervisors, physical resources, and applications in a single offering, versus multiple fragmented point solutions delivered by competitors.
Windows Azure is an open cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any language, tool or framework. Azure has been widely used by corporations to handle peak demand in customer-facing web applications, such as Pizza orders during the Superbowl or post-Thanksgiving online shopping, with no additional capital spending.
2:45 - 3:05: Apple at Work: Integrating iPhone, iPad and Apple Products into Windows/Unix/Linux Environments from a security/networking viewpoint
Carbon Technologies, one of Apple's top partners in tri-state area, will discuss the network/security/infrastructure implications of integrating Apple clients (iPhone, iPad and Mac) and servers into a corporate network. For instance does your desktop virtualization platform work the same on Apple hardware? They will also cover the latest Mountain Lion operating system, how to manage/secure/control employee app downloads, and enterprise/business usage of iCloud.
Raffle Drawings for Great Prizes, End of Event, Yankee Stadium TourCLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT