CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc. Click here for more details.
|Date:||02/12/2013 from 7:30 AM to 03:00 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Sheraton BWI, Free Parking & WiFi, 443-577-2100
This tightly-focused 1/2 day seminar, with a special though optional Microsoft Azure early afternoon workshop after a full hot lunch, covers cloud/virtualization/storage/infrastructure and security/network/BYOD issues. Angelbeat coordinates expert speakers (from organizations on the right) who deliver concise, technical and complementary talks. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and past attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's and other individuals can receive 4 CPE credit hours for attending. As one Wal-Mart attendee states, "Of all the seminars I attend, your format is by far the best. Brief informative talks from vendors, followed by one-on-one time at their booth to find out more. I am out of the office for less than a day yet I have access to all the different solutions. This year I will follow up with two vendors." Listen to Angelbeat CEO's Ron Gerber podcast to hear why you should attend. Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see clips from past events and hear other attendee testimonials. Join your peers from T. Rowe Price, Capital One, Wells Fargo, Citicorp, SECU Credit Union, Northrop Grumman, Daft-McCune-Walker, Magellan Health, Carroll Hospital, HUD, USDA, State of Maryland, University of Maryland, Georgetown University, Prince George's County Schools and many more leading employers who are confirmed attendees.
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstrations
8:30 - 9:15: Security/Compliance: Solutions to the Ever-Growing Threat and Vulnerability Landscape
Security and compliance vulnerabilities will only grow in 2013, driven by these trends:
- Virtualization and cloud computing, with sensitive/confidential information and programs stored in multiple and possibly unsecured third-party locations
- Secure remote access requirements from an ever growing list of devices - laptop, netbook, home PC, MAC, smartphone and tablet - accessing behind-the-firewall data via multiple networks including corporate LAN, home wifi, public wifi and 3G/4G cellular.
- Hackers targeting facebook, linkedin, youtube and twitter, as social media can no longer be blocked at work. Plus an alarmingly high percentage of downloadable apps contain malware.
- Web-based or SaaS enterprise applications, with browser vulnerabilities that are often the weakest link in a defense-in-depth strategy exposing organizations to substantial risk
Learn how to enhance existing defense-in-depth security architecture - spam, anti-virus, web filtering, IDS/IPS, firewall, ediscovery, patching - with the latest solutions, keeping you one step ahead of hackers and maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory and government guidelines.
9:15 - 10:30: BYOD Bring Your Own Device, MDM Mobile Device Management, Wireless, VoIP/Unified Communications, Thin Client/Virtual Desktop
Apple is projected to sell over 300 million iPhones and iPads in 2012. These consumer devices, along with Google Android-powered clients and Windows 8 Tablets/Windows Phone offerings, are often employee-owned and are rapidly making their way to the workplace - the Bring-your-own-Device (BYOD) revolution - creating a new set of security and management challenges for IT departments. Experts will share best practices on supporting tablet, laptop, smartphone and other devices on your network, which often run different operating systems and rely upon different security protocols. For instance, how can sensitive corporate data be segmented/separated/encrypted from personal information when using the same devicet? How can you integrate a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution with existing end point/anti-virus security products? There will also be discussions on and comparisons of the top thin client/virtual desktop platforms.
Every tablet and smartphone shares a common feature - they can only connect to the Internet via wireless, which greatly increases the importance of a comprehensive wi-fi infrastructure and strategy. With unlicensed wireless device growth measured in the billions of units, plus more mission-critical applications are being deployed wirelessly, it is essential that IT professionals eliminate rf interference, ensure end user wi-fi performance and understand the next generation of 802.11 standards. This includes not only 802.11n but also 802.11ac that will enable multi-station WLAN throughput of 1 gigabits per second. You will also understand how to combine existing a/b/g access points with higher-speed solutions now available, plus create an integrated Wi-Fi/4G wireless strategy for your mobile workers.
The growing importance of unified communications in today's always-on, always-connected world, is widely accepted by all IT professionals. Learn how to combine Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social networking applications with email, instant messaging, voice mail and traditional telephone communications, thereby increasing the productivity of your workforce. Understand the evolution of telephone systems - from premise-based PBX or VoIP installations to hosted or cloud-based delivery platforms - and see what changes are recommended within your own organization, based on workforce demographics. See how you can provide your employees with a common unified communications platform supporting desktop, smartphone, laptop and tablet devices.
10:30: Break, Product Demonstrations, Peer Networking
11:15 - 12:15: Virtualization, Cloud, Storage, Backup, Software Defined Networks
Organizations must optimize their existing and internal server/storage/data center infrastructure for maximum efficiency - combining the best of virtual and private cloud functionality - before considering external/outsourced public cloud services. Topics include:
- Virtualization recommendations for and across servers, storage and data centers to increase utilization, create R&D testing sites without impacting live production, support disaster recovery/business continuity requirements, etc.
- Integration of networking, server and storage protocols/equipment under a common virtualization platform and data center/network "fabric"
- The impact of software defined networking ("SDN"), which allows network administrators to have centralized control of network traffic/performance without requiring physical access to the network's hardware devices
- Server/Storage Reliability/Uptime, critically important with significantly fewer hardware platforms with virtualization, all running at much higher utilization levels
- Growth trends for iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NSA and SAN storage deployments, and how this affects your virtualization strategies
- Scale-up vs Scale-out storage strategies
- Tiered storage strategies to match data access requirements and update frequency with hardware costs
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Best Practices; the importance of cost-effective and efficient recovery systems.
- Data Deduplication on primary and backup hardware, to eliminate unnecessary storage of redundant information.
- Backup/archiving best practices in virtualized/cloud architectures, where data is not locked to a specific location or hardware platform.
- Green IT, energy cost savings and using Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) calculations to financially justify infrastructure IT projects
Cloud computing in its broadest sense is the usage of external IT resources. Attendees will be educated on various cloud computing options, to help them determine the most appropriate solution for their organization.
- Distinction between private cloud and virtualized/in-house data center
- Benefits of moving some, most, if not all storage & server hardware to a co-location/hosting facility, e.g. perhaps only backup files and tapes are stored/located offsite?
- Benefits of transferring some, most, if not all software applications to a cloud service provider, e.g. using a cloud provider to handle peak/high-volume customer web demand only?
- Recommendations for an integrated public cloud/private cloud/virtualized data center infrastructure, covering both internal/employee & external/customer-facing applications
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual and cloud environments, while ensuring compliance with corporate standards
- Cloud computing definitions and framework: IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), to name a few acronyms/options that will be discussed at the seminar
Full Hot Lunch, Product Demonstrations, ,Microsoft Lunchtime Keynote: All-Purpose Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Solution for Businesses of All Sizes
Windows Azure IaaS enables businesses of all sizes to deploy Microsoft and Open Source workloads with a global presence in munities. This session highlights the process to deploy workloads like a Windows Server 2012 and a SQL Server 2012 followed by creating and updating tables. Windows Azure IaaS levels the field for businesses of all sizes to deliver services with a global scale. And from this session you will find out the opportunities presented by Windows Azure IaaS for production, disaster recovery, test, development, training and self-study are exciting and tremendous.
End of Main Event, Raffle Prize Drawings
2:00 - 3:00: Microsoft Hands-On Labs (HOL) - Deploying, Connecting, and Managing Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 in Windows Azure
This session walks through the processes and operations to deploy Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 in Windows Azure. Attendees will be able to deploy, connect, and configure a deployed workload in minutes. This is an opportunity to do it yourself, to witness and control cloud computing in action. This labs require minimal SQL Server knowledge and basic understanding of Windows infrastructure. And IT professionals in various disciplines and technical levels are all encouraged to attend. Those who are interested in attending should notice the following:
HOL attendees must register Window Azure free 90-Day trial at http://aka.ms/90 a day before the event, and bring your own laptop with your favorite browser to connect to internet
Limited copies of printed step-by-step instructions of the lab will be distributed to HOL attendees only.
The intent is to demonstrate the efficiency and productivity of employing cloud computing. SQL Server 2012 is here chosen as a workload for demonstrating an IaaS deployment. This lab is however not intended as a SQL 2012 demonstration. Nevertheless, for an experienced Windows Administrator or SQL DBA this lab will accelerate the understanding of hybrid cloud scenarios.
For attendees of all Angelbeat events, I am also offering an invitation to the Early Expert Challenge program http://aka.ms/eec with the following call to action:
Build your lab with Boot-to-VHD. Here are the steps at this link http://aka.ms/testlab
Build your lab in the cloud with Windows Azure with 90-day free trial. Here's how at this link http://aka.ms/azureVM
Microsoft certifications? Join our Windows Server 2012 "Early Experts" Study Group at this link http://join.earlyexperts.net
End of Microsoft Azure LabCLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT