CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc. Click here for more details.
|Date:||02/07/2013 from 7:30 AM to 03:45 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Crowne Plaza, Free Parking & WiFi, 813-287-1050
This tightly-focused seminar featuring IBM, McAfee, Dell, Shoretel, Veeam, Microsoft and VMware presentations, plus a special/optional Microsoft lab/workshop and xBox raffle shortly after a full hot lunch, covers cloud/virtualization/storage/infrastructure and security/network/BYOD issues. Angelbeat coordinates expert speakers (from organizations on the right) who deliver concise, technical and complementary talks. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and past attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's and other individuals can receive 4 CPE credit hours for attending. As one Wal-Mart attendee states, "Of all the seminars I attend, your format is by far the best. Brief informative talks from vendors, followed by one-on-one time at their booth to find out more. I am out of the office for less than a day yet I have access to all the different solutions. This year I will follow up with two vendors." Listen to Angelbeat CEO's Ron Gerber podcast to hear why you should attend. Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see clips from past events and hear other attendee testimonials. Join your peers from Jabil Circuit, TECO, Sykes, Nielsen, KPMG, Masonite, Prudential Tropical, Holland & Knight, Winter Haven Hospital, Tampa Bay Water, City of Largo, City of Tampa, Florida College, Saint Leo University, Pasco Hernando Community College, University of Florida, Sarasota County Schools and many more top employers who are confirmed attendees.
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstrations
8:30 - 9:30: Virtualization, Cloud, Storage, Backup
Organizations must optimize their existing and internal server/storage/data center infrastructure for maximum efficiency - combining the best of virtual and private cloud functionality - before considering external/outsourced public cloud services. Topics covered include:
- Virtualization recommendations for and across servers, storage and data centers to increase utilization, create R&D testing sites without impacting live production, support disaster recovery/business continuity requirements, etc.
- Integration of networking, server and storage protocols/equipment under a common virtualization platform and data center/network "fabric"
- The impact of software defined networking ("SDN"), which allows network administrators to have centralized control of network traffic/performance without requiring physical access to the network's hardware devices
- Server/Storage Reliability/Uptime, critically important with significantly fewer hardware platforms with virtualization, all running at much higher utilization levels
- Growth trends for iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NSA and SAN storage deployments, and how this affects your virtualization strategies
- Scale-up vs Scale-out storage strategies
- Tiered storage strategies to match data access requirements and update frequency with hardware costs
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Best Practices; the importance of cost-effective and efficient recovery systems.
- Data Deduplication on primary and backup hardware, to eliminate unnecessary storage of redundant information.
- Backup/archiving best practices in virtualized/cloud architectures, where data is not locked to a specific location or hardware platform.
- Green IT, energy cost savings and using Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) calculations to financially justify infrastructure IT projects
Cloud computing in its broadest sense is the usage of external IT resources. Attendees will be educated on various cloud computing options, to help them determine the most appropriate solution for their organization.
- Distinction between private cloud and virtualized/in-house data center
- Benefits of moving some, most, if not all storage & server hardware to a co-location/hosting facility, e.g. perhaps only backup files and tapes are stored/located offsite?
- Benefits of transferring some, most, if not all software applications to a cloud service provider, e.g. using a cloud provider to handle peak/high-volume customer web demand only?
- Recommendations for an integrated public cloud/private cloud/virtualized data center infrastructure, covering both internal/employee & external/customer-facing applications
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual and cloud environments, while ensuring compliance with corporate standards
- Cloud computing definitions and framework: IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), to name a few acronyms/options that will be discussed at the seminar
9:30 - 10:00: BYOD Bring Your Own Device, MDM Mobile Device Management
Apple is projected to sell over 300 million iPhones and iPads in 2012. These consumer devices, along with Google Android-powered clients and Windows 8 Tablets/Windows Phone offerings, are often employee-owned and are rapidly making their way to the workplace - the Bring-your-own-Device (BYOD) revolution - creating a new set of security and management challenges for IT departments. Experts will share best practices on supporting tablet, laptop, smartphone and other devices on your network, which often run different operating systems and rely upon different security protocols. For instance, how can sensitive corporate data be segmented/separated/encrypted from personal information when using the same devicet? How can you integrate a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution with existing end point/anti-virus security products? There will also be discussions on and comparisons of the top thin client/virtual desktop platforms.
10:00 - 11:45: Security/Compliance: Solutions to the Ever-Growing Threat and Vulnerability Landscape
Security and compliance vulnerabilities will only grow in 2013, driven by these trends:
- Virtualization and cloud computing, with sensitive/confidential information and programs stored in multiple and possibly unsecured third-party locations
- Secure remote access requirements from an ever growing list of devices - laptop, netbook, home PC, MAC, smartphone and tablet - accessing behind-the-firewall data via multiple networks including corporate LAN, home wifi, public wifi and 3G/4G cellular.
- Hackers targeting facebook, linkedin, youtube and twitter, as social media can no longer be blocked at work. Plus an alarmingly high percentage of downloadable apps contain malware.
- Web-based or SaaS enterprise applications, with browser vulnerabilities that are often the weakest link in a defense-in-depth strategy exposing organizations to substantial risk
Learn how to enhance existing defense-in-depth security architecture - spam, anti-virus, web filtering, IDS/IPS, firewall, ediscovery, patching - with the latest solutions, keeping you one step ahead of hackers and maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory and government guidelines. There will be a 45 minute break in the middle of this session.
10:30: Break, Product Demonstrations, Peer Networking
11:15 - 11:45: Continuation of Security/Compliance: Solutions to the Ever-Growing Threat and Vulnerability Landscape
11:45 - 12:30: VoIP/Unified Communications/Video
The growing importance of unified communications in today's always-on, always-connected world, is widely accepted by all IT professionals. Learn how to combine Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social networking applications with email, instant messaging, voice mail and traditional telephone communications, thereby increasing the productivity of your workforce. Understand the evolution of telephone systems - from premise-based PBX or VoIP installations to hosted or cloud-based delivery platforms - and see what changes are recommended within your own organization, based on workforce demographics. See how you can provide your employees with a common unified communications platform on desktop, smartphone, laptop and tablet devices, supporting voice, data and video applications.
Full Hot Lunch, Product Demonstrations
1:15 - 1:35: High-Speed Wireless
Every tablet and smartphone shares a common feature - they can only connect to the Internet via wireless, which greatly increases the importance of a comprehensive wi-fi infrastructure and strategy. With unlicensed wireless device growth measured in the billions of units, plus more mission-critical applications are being deployed wirelessly, it is essential that IT professionals eliminate rf interference, ensure end user wi-fi performance and understand the next generation of 802.11 standards. This includes not only 802.11n but also 802.11ac that will enable multi-station WLAN throughput of 1 gigabits per second. You will also understand how to combine existing a/b/g access points with higher-speed solutions now available, plus create an integrated Wi-Fi/4G wireless strategy for your mobile workers.
1:35 - 2:00: What's new at VMware
One of VMware's top partners in Florida - Virtualization Performance - will present an overview of what's new at VMware for 2013 including an analysis/comparison of vSphere vs vCloud Suite.
2:00 - 2:30: Microsoft Windows 8/Surface Preview/Windows Server 2012 Sneak Peek
Windows 8 delivers experiences users want, offers new possibilities for mobile productivity, and provides IT with a more secure, easy-to-manage infrastructure. It's Windows reimagined and reinvented from a solid core of Windows 7 speed and reliability. It's an all-new touch interface. This exciting new client platform from Microsoft will be previewed/demonstrated, plus you will gain insights on upgrade options between Windows 7 and 8. The session will close by looking at Windows Server 2012's new interface and make sure you download an evaluation copy of the product at http://aka.ms/msproducts.
Raffle Drawings, End of Main Event
2:45 - 3:45: Microsoft Azure Cloud Lab, Special/Optional Workshop
Windows Azure is Microsoft's open cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage virtual machines across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any language, tool or framework. Azure has been widely used by corporations to handle peak demand in customer-facing web applications, such as Pizza orders during the Superbowl to post-Thanksgiving online shopping, with no additional capital spending.
Microsoft's top Florida-based Senior IT Evangelist Blain Barton (click here to see his bio/blog) will conduct a detailed, hands-on lab/workshop on Microsoft's Azure cloud offering. All attendees who want to stay a little longer for this special though optional program should bring their laptops and make sure you setup your free three-month Microsoft Azure trial account by clicking here before arriving.
XBOX Kinect and other goodies for Raffle, End of Microsoft Azure LabCLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT