CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc.
|Date:||11/28/2012 from 7:30 AM to 01:30 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Embassy Suites North, Free Parking & WiFi, 317-849-6668
This tightly-focused 1/2 day seminar ending with an Intel keynote focuses on cloud/virtualization/storage/infrastructure and security/network/wireless issues. Angelbeat coordinates expert speakers (from organizations on the right) who deliver concise, technical and complementary talks. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and past attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's and other individuals can receive 4 CPE credit hours for attending. As one Wal-Mart attendee states, "Of all the seminars I attend, your format is by far the best. Brief informative talks from vendors, followed by one-on-one time at their booth to find out more. I am out of the office for less than a day yet I have access to all the different solutions. This year I will follow up with two vendors." Listen to Angelbeat CEO's Ron Gerber podcast to hear why you should attend. Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see clips from past events and hear other attendee testimonials. Join your peers from Bank of the West, Wells Fargo, Wellpoint, Mattel, Boeing, Sony Pictures, Fluor, St. Joseph Health, USC, Cal State Long Beach, Pasadena City College, Garden Grove Schools and many more leading employers who are confirmed attendees. There is new content on managing smartphones & tablets, plus any Apple client device, on your corporate network, driven by bring-your-own-device (byod) to work initiatives. Raffle drawings at the end for great prizes including an iPad!
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstration
8:30 - 9:10: WAN Optimization/Load Balancing for Cloud/SaaS Application Performance/Network Analysis
Many popular IT solutions, like Web-based apps, SaaS, and cloud initiatives, increase distance between workers and storage and servers, resulting in poor application performance across the enterprise WAN. Learn how WAN optimization, load balancing and acceleration of cloud-based applications can transform your network from barrier to enabler, while reducing bandwidth requirements and telecom spending. See how purpose-built appliances enable visibility and deliver critical packet-flow information across data networking infrastructures. Gain valuable insights on maintaining/enhancing end user performance requirements/QoS while supporting the inevitable transition from wired client-server to wireless cloud/virtualized networks. Determine if accelerating all applications at one layer - versus accelerating specific applications at another layer - is the best strategy for your organizations.
9:10 - 9:40: Security/Compliance
Security and compliance vulnerabilities will only grow in 2012, driven by these trends:
- Virtualization and cloud computing, with sensitive/confidential information and programs stored in multiple and possibly unsecured third-party locations
- Secure remote access requirements from an ever growing list of devices - laptop, netbook, home PC, MAC, smartphone and tablet - accessing behind-the-firewall data via multiple networks including corporate LAN, home wifi, public wifi and 3G/4G cellular.
- Social networks in the workplace, with hackers targeting facebook, linkedin and twitter web 2.0 applications which are now required business applications and cannot be blocked.
- Web-based or SaaS enterprise applications, with browser vulnerabilities that are often the weakest link in a defense-in-depth strategy exposing organizations to substantial risk
Experts will discuss how spam, anti-virus, web filtering, IDS/IPS, firewall, ediscovery, patching, e.g. traditional security products are responding to these trends and corresponding threats, and share recommendations and best practices on how you can stay one step ahead of hackers.
9:40 - 10:00: IPv6 Migration, IP Address Management
Adopting IPv6 is an inevitability for all large enterprises and service providers. As the global supply of IPv4 addresses continues to dwindle, support for the exploding number of IPv6-enabled devices – new laptops, smart phones, tablets and more – that will connect to the Internet and computer networks will be a requirement. Every day of IPv6 adoption delay compromises a business's ability to fully participate in the Internet ecosystem and reach the growing number of end users, customers, partners and suppliers who are online with IPv6-enabled devices.
Despite this detrimental consequence, recent surveys reveal that 60% of enterprise IT teams do not have an IPv6 adoption plan and 80% feel that they are not well educated on IPv6. Among those that do have a plan, 64% fear they will not successfully implement support for IPv6. To aid enterprises and service providers in the IPv6 adoption process, Angelbeat has arranged for Infoblox to discuss its IPv6 service offerings, including IP address management capabilities that are necessary to for both managing the new IPv6 addressing schema plus supporting BYOD Initiatives (remember that every wifi connected device requires its own IP address).
10:00 - 10:30: Parallels Virtualization Solutions for Apple
Parallels' Desktop for Mac virtualization technology allows IT Professionals to securely run Windows on Mac laptops and desktops, thereby supporting BYOD initiatives while meeting compliance, security and user performance goals. This game-changing technology is of great interest to all IT executives, who want to give their users flexibility to use Apple without affecting Linux/Unix/Windows applications that normally require a traditional PC.
10:30: Break, Product Demonstrations, Comparison of Apple vs Microsoft vs Google Devices, Peer Networking
11:00 - 11:30: BYOD Bring Your Own Device, Consumerization of IT, Comparison of Apple, Google & Microsoft Smartphones & Tablets, High-Speed Wireless
Apple is projected to sell over 250 million iPhones and iPads in 2012. 3 million mini iPad's were just sold in the first two days! These employee-owned Apple devices, along with Google Android-powered clients and upcoming Windows 8 Tablets/Windows Phone offerings, are making their way to the workplace - the Bring-your-own-Device (BYOD) revolution - creating a new set of security and management challenges for IT departments. Experts will share best practices on supporting tablet, laptop, smartphone and other devices on your network, which often run different operating systems and rely upon different security protocols. For instance, how can sensitive corporate data be segmented/separated from personal information when using the same hardware platform? How can you integrate a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution with existing end point/anti-virus security products?
Every tablet and smartphone shares a common feature - they can only connect to the Internet via wireless, which greatly increases the importance of a comprehensive wi-fi infrastructure and strategy. With unlicensed wireless device growth measured in the Billions of units, plus more mission-critical applications are being deployed wirelessly, it is essential that rf Interference be understood, measured and eliminated. Learn why 802.11n and spectrum intelligence technologies should be deployed in your ever changing work environment, to ensure mobile user performance and satisfy QoS standards.
11:30 - 12:15: Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Data Center/NOC, Thin Client/VDI Architecture: Optimizing Your Existing Infrastructure
Organizations must optimize their existing and internal server/storage/data center infrastructure for maximum efficiency - combining the best of virtual and private cloud functionality - before considering external/outsourced public cloud services. Topics covered include:
- Virtualization recommendations for and across servers, storage and data centers to increase utilization, create R&D testing sites without impacting live production, support disaster recovery/business continuity requirements, etc.
- Integration of networking, server and storage protocols/equipment under a common virtualization platform and data center/network "fabric"
- Server/Storage Reliability/Uptime, critically important with significantly fewer hardware platforms with virtualization, all running at much higher utilization levels
- Software Defined Networking ("SDN") and its impact on your existing data center/NOC hardware infrastructure
- Growth trends for iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NSA and SAN storage deployments, and how this affects your virtualization strategies
- Scale-up vs Scale-out storage strategies
- Tiered storage strategies to match data access requirements and update frequency with hardware costs
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Best Practices; the importance of cost-effective and efficient recovery systems.
- Data Deduplication on primary and backup hardware, to eliminate unnecessary storage of redundant information.
- Backup/archiving best practices in virtualized/cloud architectures, where data is not locked to a specific location or hardware platform.
- Green IT, energy cost savings and using Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) calculations to financially justify infrastructure IT projects
- Thin client architecture, benefits of centrally hosting applications, and matching internal infrastructure/storage hardware/software with end user client computing platforms.
Cloud computing in its broadest sense is the usage of external IT resources. Attendees will be educated on various cloud computing options, to help them determine the most appropriate solution for their organization.
- Distinction between private cloud and virtualized/in-house data center
- Benefits of moving some, most, if not all storage & server hardware to a co-location/hosting facility, e.g. perhaps only backup files and tapes are stored/located offsite?
- Benefits of transferring some, most, if not all software applications to a cloud service provider, e.g. using a cloud provider to handle peak/high-volume customer web demand only?
- Recommendations for an integrated public cloud/private cloud/virtualized data center infrastructure, covering both internal/employee & external/customer-facing applications
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual and cloud environments, while ensuring compliance with corporate standards
- Cloud computing definitions and framework: IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), to name a few acronyms/options that will be discussed at the seminar
12:15 - 12:40: Intel Energy-Efficient Chipset Platforms, Tablet, Laptop, Ultrabook, Smartphone Clients, Consumerization of IT
- Enhanced performance of desktop virtualization (Citrix/Xen), storage/server virtualization (VMotion, VSphere, Hyper-V) and systems/desktop management (Landesk, Altiris, SMS) through integration with silicon architecture/embedded software.
- Comparison of tablet, laptop, ultrabook and smartphones, client refresh strategies and recommendations on how to save hardware/capex costs without impacting user performance.
- Intel/McAfee integrated security solutions
- Silicon-based separation of enterprise and consumer images, to allow one hardware platform for both business and personal usage
- Power management, energy savings and improved performance with Multi-Core chipset platforms for PCs and Servers
- vPro desktop semiconductor platforms for remote diagnostic/trouble-shooting without sending a technician to repair a disabled PC.
- Desktop mgt solutions including 100% accurate remote patch update & hardware/software inventory compilation without onsite analysis, from a central console
Lunch, Product Demonstrations, Peer Networking, Raffle Drawings for great prizes including an iPad, End of EventCLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT