CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc. Click here for more details.
|Date:||08/03/2012 from 7:30 AM to 01:30 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Embassy Suites Bloomington, Free Parking & WiFi, 952-884-4811
This tightly-focused 1/2 day seminar ending with hot lunch focuses on cloud/virtualization/infrastructure and network/wireless/security issues. Angelbeat coordinates expert speakers (from organizations on the right) who deliver concise, technical and complementary talks. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and past attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's and other individuals can receive 4 CPE credit hours for attending. As one Wal-Mart attendee states, "Of all the seminars I attend, your format is by far the best. Brief informative talks from vendors, followed by one-on-one time at their booth to find out more. I am out of the office for less than a day yet I have access to all the different solutions. This year I will follow up with two vendors." Listen to Angelbeat CEO's Ron Gerber podcast to hear why you should attend. Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see clips from past events and hear other attendee testimonials. There is new content on managing consumer smartphones & tablets on your corporate network, driven by bring-your-own-device (byod) to work initiatives, plus IPv6 migration best practices. Raffle drawings at the end for an iPad and other great prizes. Join your peers from 3M, Honeywell, Allianz, Securian, Deluxe, CH Robinson, Carlson, ING, Prime Therapeutics, State of Minnesota, City of St. Paul, University of St. Thomas, Gillette Children's, the Mayo Clinic and other leading employers who are confirmed attendees. Microsoft has set up special evaluation software downloads that is hopefully of interest to all prospective attendees. Please click for Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, and/or System Center 2012.
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstration
8:30 - 8:55: WAN Optimization/Load Balancing for Cloud/SaaS Application Performance/Network Analysis
Many popular IT solutions, like Web-based apps, SaaS, and cloud initiatives, increase distance between workers and storage and servers, resulting in poor application performance across the enterprise WAN. Learn how WAN optimization, load balancing and acceleration of cloud-based applications can transform your network from barrier to enabler, while reducing bandwidth requirements and telecom spending. See how purpose-built appliances enable visibility and deliver critical packet-flow information across data networking infrastructures. Gain valuable insights on maintaining/enhancing end user performance requirements/QoS while supporting the inevitable transition from wired client-server to wireless cloud/virtualized networks. Determine if accelerating all applications at one layer - versus accelerating specific applications at another layer - is the best strategy for your organizations.
8:55 - 9:40: Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Data Center/NOC, Thin Client/VDI Architecture: Optimizing Your Existing Infrastructure
Organizations must optimize their existing and internal server/storage/data center infrastructure for maximum efficiency - combining the best of virtual and private cloud functionality - before considering external/outsourced public cloud services. VMware partner Nexus will be the featured speaker and some of the topics covered are shown below. Nexus will specifically address the recent VMware acquisition of Nicera and the impact of virtual networking on data center architecture.
- Virtualization recommendations for and across servers, storage and data centers to increase utilization, create R&D testing sites without impacting live production, support disaster recovery/business continuity requirements, etc.
- Integration of networking, server and storage protocols/equipment under a common virtualization platform and data center/network "fabric"
- Server/Storage Reliability/Uptime, critically important with significantly fewer hardware platforms with virtualization, all running at much higher utilization levels
- Growth trends for iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NSA and SAN storage deployments, and how this affects your virtualization strategies
- Scale-up vs Scale-out storage strategies
- Tiered storage strategies to match data access requirements and update frequency with hardware costs
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Best Practices; the importance of cost-effective and efficient recovery systems.
- Data Deduplication on primary and backup hardware, to eliminate unnecessary storage of redundant information.
- Backup/archiving best practices in virtualized/cloud architectures, where data is not locked to a specific location or hardware platform.
- Green IT, energy cost savings and using Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) calculations to financially justify infrastructure IT projects
- Thin client architecture, benefits of centrally hosting applications, and matching internal infrastructure/storage hardware/software with end user client computing platforms.
Cloud computing in its broadest sense is the usage of external IT resources. Attendees will be educated on various cloud computing options, to help them determine the most appropriate solution for their organization.
- Distinction between private cloud and virtualized/in-house data center
- Benefits of moving some, most, if not all storage & server hardware to a co-location/hosting facility, e.g. perhaps only backup files and tapes are stored/located offsite?
- Benefits of transferring some, most, if not all software applications to a cloud service provider, e.g. using a cloud provider to handle peak/high-volume customer web demand only?
- Recommendations for an integrated public cloud/private cloud/virtualized data center infrastructure, covering both internal/employee & external/customer-facing applications
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual and cloud environments, while ensuring compliance with corporate standards
- Cloud computing definitions and framework: IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), to name a few acronyms/options that will be discussed at the seminar
9:40 - 10:05: Security/Compliance
Security and compliance vulnerabilities will only grow in 2012, driven by these trends:
- Virtualization and cloud computing, with sensitive/confidential information and programs stored in multiple and possibly unsecured third-party locations
- Secure remote access requirements from an ever growing list of devices - laptop, netbook, home PC, MAC, smartphone and tablet - accessing behind-the-firewall data via multiple networks including corporate LAN, home wifi, public wifi and 3G/4G cellular.
- Social networks in the workplace, with hackers targeting facebook, linkedin and twitter web 2.0 applications which are now required business applications and cannot be blocked.
- Web-based or SaaS enterprise applications, with browser vulnerabilities that are often the weakest link in a defense-in-depth strategy exposing organizations to substantial risk
Experts will discuss how spam, anti-virus, web filtering, IDS/IPS, firewall, ediscovery, patching, e.g. traditional security products are responding to these trends and corresponding threats, and share recommendations and best practices on how you can stay one step ahead of hackers.
10:05 - 10:30: BYOD Bring Your Own Device, Consumerization of IT, MDM Mobile Device Management, High-Speed Wireless, Cloud-based VoIP/Unified Communications, SIP Trunking
Apple is projected to sell over 250 million iPhones and iPads in 2012. These employee-owned consumer devices, along with Google Android-powered clients and upcoming Windows 8 Tablets/Windows Phone offerings, are making their way to the workplace - the Bring-your-own-Device (BYOD) revolution - creating a new set of security and management challenges for IT departments. Experts will share best practices on supporting tablet, laptop, smartphone and other devices on your network, which often run different operating systems and rely upon different security protocols. For instance, how can sensitive corporate data be segmented/separated from personal information when using the same hardware platform? How can you integrate a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution with existing end point/anti-virus security products?
Every tablet and smartphone shares a common feature - they can only connect to the Internet via wireless, which greatly increases the importance of a comprehensive wi-fi infrastructure and strategy. With unlicensed wireless device growth measured in the Billions of units, plus more mission-critical applications are being deployed wirelessly, it is essential that rf Interference be understood, measured and eliminated. Learn why 802.11n and spectrum intelligence technologies should be deployed in your ever changing work environment, to ensure mobile user performance and satisfy QoS standards.
The growing importance of unified communications in today's always-on, always-connected world, is widely accepted by all IT professionals. Learn how to combine Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other social networking applications with email, instant messaging, voice mail and traditional telephone communications, thereby increasing the productivity of your workforce. Understand the evolution of telephone systems - from premise-based PBX or VoIP installations to hosted or cloud-based delivery platforms - and see what changes are recommended within your own organization, based on workforce demographics. See how you can provide your employees with a common unified communications platform supporting desktop, smartphone, laptop and tablet devices.
Verizon Wireless will also demonstrate the latest smartphone and tablet devices, plus compare Windows Phone, Google Android, Apple iOS and RIM BlackBerry operating systems.
10:30: Break, Product Demonstrations, Networking
11:15 - 12:00: Microsoft Office365, Hyper-V/Systems Center, Azure Cloud Offerings
Office 2010 includes significant upgrades and enhancements to its main components - Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint - and now provides a consistent experience across the PC, phone and browser through web-based Office365 services. This integrated and seamless strategy allows you to use same application offline or online, individually or in collaboration with others, on the cloud or at your desktop.
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2, now with Service Pack 1 (SP1), helps enable centralized management of physical and virtual IT infrastructure, increased server utilization, and dynamic resource optimization across multiple virtualization platforms. It includes end-to-end capabilities such as planning, deploying, managing, and optimizing the virtual infrastructure.
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 is the hypervisor-based server virtualization product that allows you to consolidate workloads onto a single physical server. It is a stand-alone product that provides a reliable and optimized virtualization solution enabling organizations to improve server utilization and reduce costs. Since Hyper-V Server is a dedicated stand-alone product which contains only the Windows Hypervisor, Windows Server driver model, and virtualization components, it provides a small footprint and minimal overhead.
Windows Azure is an open cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any language, tool or framework. Azure has been widely used by corporations to handle peak demand in customer-facing web applications, such as Pizza orders during the Superbowl or post-Thanksgiving online shopping, with no additional capital spending.
12:00 - 12:30: Apple at Work: Integrating iPhone, iPad and Apple Products into Windows/Unix/Linux Environments from a security/networking viewpoint, plus impact of new Apple OX Mountain Lion and iCloud offerings
One of Apple's top enterprise/business partners in the Twin Cities - The Foundation - will discuss the networking/security/infrastructure implications of integrating both Apple clients (iPhone, iPad and Mac) and servers into your corporate network. For instance does your desktop virtualization platform work the same on Apple hardware? They will also preview the new Apple operating system Mountain Lion and its iCloud offering that has significant business/enterprise implications.
12:30: Lunch, Product Demonstrations, Networking, Raffle Drawings for great prizesCLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT