CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc. Click here for more details.
|Date:||02/06/2012 from 7:30 AM to 01:00 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Airport, Free Parking & WiFi, 954-920-3500
This tightly-focused 1/2 day seminar focuses on cloud/virtualization/infrastructure and network/wireless/security issues. Angelbeat coordinates expert speakers (from organizations on the right) who deliver concise, technical and complementary talks. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and past attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's and other individuals can receive 4 CPE credit hours for attending. As one Wal-Mart attendee states, "Of all the seminars I attend, your format is by far the best. Brief informative talks from vendors, followed by one-on-one time at their booth to find out more. I am out of the office for less than a day yet I have access to all the different solutions. This year I will follow up with two vendors." Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see clips from past events and hear other attendee testimonials. There is new content on managing consumer devices such as smartphones & tablets on your wireless/corporate network, including Apple iPad's and iPhone's, driven by bring-your-own-device (byod) to work initiatives. Join your peers from BrandsMart, Citigroup, DHL, American Express, GE, Motorola, Miami Parking, AvMed Health, Florida Atlantic University, Nova Southeastern University, Broward County, Miami Dade County and other leading employers who are confirmed attendees.
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstration
8:30 - 9:00: Security/Compliance
Security and compliance vulnerabilities will only grow in 2012, driven by these trends:
- Virtualization and cloud computing, with sensitive/confidential information and programs stored in multiple and possibly unsecured third-party locations
- Secure remote access requirements from an ever growing list of devices - laptop, netbook, home PC, MAC, smartphone and tablet - accessing behind-the-firewall data via multiple networks including corporate LAN, home wifi, public wifi and 3G/4G cellular.
- Social networks in the workplace, with hackers targeting facebook, linkedin and twitter
- Web-based or SaaS enterprise applications, with browser vulnerabilities that are often the weakest link in a defense-in-depth strategy exposing organizations to substantial risk
Experts will discuss how spam, anti-virus, web filtering, IDS/IPS, firewall, ediscovery, patching, e.g. traditional security products are responding to these trends and corresponding threats, and share recommendations and best practices on how you can stay one step ahead of hackers.
9:00 - 9:20 SIP Trunking, Hosted/Cloud-based VoIP/Unified Communications Applications, Skype/Cellular Integration
Avaya will demonstrate the benefits of (the industry standard) SIP-based trunking for rapid and cost-effective deployment of VoIP, telepresence and unified communications applications, in either hosted/virtualized/cloud or multi-vendor internal networks. They will show how to integrate Skype and cellular voice services within an overall, enterprise grade telephone system.
9:20 - 9:40: WAN Optimization/Load Balancing for Cloud/SaaS Application Performance/Network Analysis
Many popular IT solutions, like Web-based apps, SaaS, and cloud initiatives, increase distance between workers and storage and servers, resulting in poor application performance across the enterprise WAN. Learn how WAN optimization and load balancing can transform your network from barrier to enabler for your applications, while reducing bandwidth requirements and spending. See how purpose-built appliances enable visibility and deliver critical packet-flow information across data networking infrastructures. Gain valuable insights on maintaining/enhancing end user performance requirements/QoS while supporting the inevitable transition from wired client-server to wireless cloud/virtualized networks.
9:40 - 10:00: 802.11n and 4G High-Speed Wireless, rf Spectrum Intelligence, Get Your WiFi ready for iPad, Mobile Device Management
Unlicensed wireless device growth will be measured in the Billions in the coming year plus more mission-critical applications are being deployed. Interference in that unlicensed space represents a major challenge that must be addressed. RF interference causes more than 50 percent of the issues for wireless networks in the form of slow performance, less effective range, or dropped service. Interference is not just caused by other Wi-Fi devices, but may come from a variety of sources such as microwaves, cordless phones, Bluetooth, wireless video cameras, outdoor microwave links, gaming consoles, Zigbee devices, fluorescent lights, and WiMAX. Learn why 802.11n and spectrum intelligence technologies should be deployed in your ever changing work environment, and how to integrate wireless with voip/unified communications platforms.
Apple is projected to sell over 75 million iPhones and iPads in the second half of 2011. These employee-owned consumer devices, along with Google Android-powered clients, are making their way to the workplace, creating a new set of security and management challenges for IT departments, especially with the rapid growth of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) to work options. Experts will share best practices on supporting tablet, laptop, desktop, smartphone and other wifi-enabled mobile devices - often running different operating systems and relying upon different security protocols - on your wireless network.
10:00 - 12:00: Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Data Center/NOC, Thin Client/VDI Architecture: Optimizing Your Existing Infrastructure
Organizations must optimize their existing and internal server/storage/data center infrastructure for maximum efficiency - combining the best of virtual and private cloud functionality - before considering external public cloud services. Topics covered include:
- Virtualization recommendations for and across servers, storage and data centers to increase utilization, create R&D testing sites without impacting live production, support disaster recovery/business continuity requirements, etc.
- Integration of networking, server and storage protocols/equipment under a common virtualization platform and data center/network "fabric"
- Growth trends for iSCI, Fibre Channel, NSA and SAN storage deployments, and how this affects your virtualization strategies
- Tiered storage strategies to match data access requirements and update frequency with hardware costs
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Best Practices; the importance of cost-effective and efficient recovery systems.
- Data Deduplication on primary and backup hardware, to eliminate unnecessary storage of redundant information.
- Backup/archiving best practices in virtualized/cloud architectures, where data is not locked to a specific location or hardware platform.
- Green IT, energy cost savings and using Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) calculations to financially justify infrastructure IT projects
- Thin client architecture, benefits of centrally hosting applications, and matching internal infrastructure/storage hardware/software with end user client computing platforms.
Cloud computing in its broadest sense is the usage of external IT resources. Attendees will be educated on various cloud computing options, to help them determine the most appropriate solution for their organization.
- Distinction between private cloud and virtualized/in-house data center
- Benefits of moving some, most, if not all storage & server hardware to a co-location/hosting facility, e.g. perhaps only backup files and tapes are stored/located offsite?
- Benefits of transferring some, most, if not all software applications to a cloud service provider, e.g. using a cloud provider to handle peak/high-volume customer web demand only?
- Recommendations for an integrated public cloud/private cloud/virtualized data center infrastructure, covering both internal/employee & external/customer-facing applications
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual and cloud environments, while ensuring compliance with corporate standards
10:30: Break, Product Demonstrations
11:00 - 12:00: Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Data Center/NOC, Thin Client/VDI Architecture: Optimizing Your Existing Infrastructure (Continuation of 10:00 Session)
12:00 - 12:30: Microsoft Office365, Exchange 2010, Azure: Integrated Offline, Online, Cloud Functionality
Office 2010 includes significant upgrades and enhancements to its main components - Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint - and now provides a consistent experience across the PC, phone and browser through web-based Office365 services. This integrated and seamless strategy allows you to use same application offline or online, individually or in collaboration with others, on the cloud or at your desktop.
Exchange Server 2010 helps you achieve new levels of reliability by simplifying administration, protecting voice and data communications, and meeting user's demands for greater business mobility. New features include integrated discovery functionality, voice mail management enhancements, unified mailbox resilience model for high availability, disaster recovery, and back up capabilities, plus comprehensive information protection capabilities from e-mail moderation to automatic e-mail encryption. With seamless and tighter integration between email and voice/voip applications, plus the option of running Exchange on-premise, as a cloud service hosted by Microsoft, or as a hybrid of both, Exchange 2010 offers many compelling reasons to justify upgrading your software.
Windows Azure is an open cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any language, tool or framework. Azure has been widely used by corporations to handle peak demand in customer-facing web applications, such as Pizza orders during the Superbowl or post-Thanksgiving online shopping, with no additional capital spending.
12:30: Product Demonstrations, Networking, Lunch, End of Event, Raffle Drawings for Great PrizesCLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT