CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc. Click here for more details.
|Date:||09/14/2011 from 7:30 AM to 02:30 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Bellevue Club, 425-455-1616, Free Parking & WiFi
This tightly-focused seminar ending shortly after lunch focuses on cloud/virtualization/infrastructure and networking/wireless/voip/security issues. Angelbeat coordinates 12 expert speakers (from organizations on the right) who deliver concise, technical and complementary talks. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and past attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's and other individuals can receive 6 CPE credit hours for attending. As one Wal-Mart attendee states, "Of all the seminars I attend, your format is by far the best. Brief informative talks from vendors, followed by one-on-one time at their booth to find out more. I am out of the office for less than a day yet I have access to all the different solutions. This year I will follow up with two vendors." Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see clips from past events and hear other attendee testimonials. Join your peers from Boeing, Safeco, Weyerhaeuser, Puget Sound Energy, Symetra Financial, Bellevue Schools, City of Seattle, Seattle Children's Hospital, University of Washington and other leading organizations who are confirmed attendees. There is new 2011 content on managing smartphones & tablets on your wireless/corporate network, including Apple iPad's and iPhone's.
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstration
8:30 - 10:30: Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Data Center/NOC, Thin Client/VDI Architecture: Optimizing Your Existing Infrastructure
Organizations should optimize their existing and internal server/storage/NOC infrastructure for maximum efficiency before considering external cloud-based services. Topics covered include:
- Virtualization recommendations for and across servers, storage and data centers to increase utilization, create R&D testing sites without impacting live production, support disaster recovery/business continuity requirements, etc.
- Growth trends for iSCI, Fibre Channel, NSA and SAN storage deployments, and how this affects your virtualization strategies
- Integration of networking, server and storage protocols/equipment under a common virtualization platform
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Best Practices; the importance of cost-effective and efficient recovery systems.
- Tiered storage strategies to match data access requirements and update frequency with hardware costs
- Green IT, energy cost savings and using Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) calculations to financially justify infrastructure IT projects
- Thin client architecture, benefits of centrally hosting applications, and matching internal infrastructure/storage hardware/software with end user client computing platforms.
- Data Deduplication on primary and backup hardware, to eliminate unnecessary storage of redundant information.
- Backup/archiving best practices in virtualized/cloud architectures, where data is not locked to a specific location or hardware platform.
Cloud computing in its broadest sense is the usage of external IT resources. Attendees will be educated on various cloud computing options, to help them determine the most appropriate solution for their organization.
- Distinction between a private cloud and a virtualized/in-house data center
- Benefits of moving some, most, if not all storage & server hardware to a co-location/hosting facility, e.g. only backup files are located offsite?
- Benefits of transferring some, most, if not all software applications to a cloud service provider, e.g. using a cloud provider to handle peak/high-volume demand only?
- Recommendations for an integrated public cloud/private cloud/virtualized data center infrastructure, covering both internal/employee & external/customer-facing applications
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual and cloud environments, while ensuring compliance with corporate standards
Break, Product Demonstrations
11:10 - 11:30 SIP Trunking, Hosted/Cloud-based VoIP/Unified Communications Applications, Skype Integration
Avaya will discuss using SIP-based trunking to deploy Voice-only, VoIP, telepresence and/or unified communications applications in hosted/virtualized/cloud and/or multi-vendor internal networks. They will also provide particular recommendations to incorporate Skype into an enterprise grade telephone system.
11:30 - 11:50: WAN Optimization/Load Balancing for Cloud/SaaS Application Performance/Network Analysis
Many popular IT solutions, like Web-based apps, SaaS, and cloud initiatives, increase distance between workers and storage and servers, resulting in poor application performance across the enterprise WAN. Learn how WAN optimization and load balancing can transform your network from barrier to enabler for your applications, while reducing bandwidth requirements and spending.
11:50 - 12:15: Google Cloud Strategy, Mobility Offerings & Hosted Enterprise Apps Demonstration
Google will speak on its cloud infrastructure and strategies for integrating its cloud-based/hosted enterprise applications with in-house IT resources, plus recommendations on how to maintain workforce productivity in both on-line and off-line scenarios. Learn why so many organizations of all sizes, across all industries, are replacing their desktop office suite with Google Apps, and how to use their services across all devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. Google will also host a hands-on session of the new Chromebooks!
12:15 - 12:40: Amazon Web Services and Enterprise Cloud Offerings
Amazon will discuss how it leveraged its ecommerce and webhosting expertise in developing Amazon Web Services (AWS), the leading global supplier of enterprise cloud services.
12:40: Lunch, Product Demonstrations
1:30 - 2:00: Microsoft: Building a Private Cloud
Cloud Power! What are the options? Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Private Cloud? Which one is right for your business? Join us as Chris Avis of Microsoft discusses the basics of cloud infrastructures and the details of how to build your own private cloud. He will talk about Hyper-V, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and the Self Service Portal. He will demonstrate how to use these building blocks to build your own private cloud environment to host your own IT applications and services. HE will also show you how to connect Public Cloud components to your Private Cloud in order to maximize the unique competitive benefits of each environment.
2:00 - 2:30: Virtual/Cloud Security/Compliance
Security and compliance vulnerabilities will only grow in 2011, driven by these trends:
- Virtualization and cloud computing, with sensitive/confidential information and programs stored in multiple and possibly unsecured third-party locations
- Secure remote access requirements from an evergrowing list of devices - laptop, netbook, home PC, MAC, smartphone and tablet - accessing behind-the-firewall data via multiple networks including corporate LAN, home wifi, public wifi and 3G/4G cellular.
- Social networks in the workplace, with hackers targetting facebook, linkedin and twitter
- Web-based or SaaS enterprise applications, with browser vulnerabilities that are often the weakest link in a defense-in-depth strategy exposing organizations to substantial risk
Experts will discuss how spam, anti-virus, web filtering, IDS/IPS, firewall, ediscovery, patching, e.g. traditional security products are responding to these trends and corresponding threats, and share recommendations and best practices on how you can stay one step ahead of hackers.
2:30: End of Event, Raffle PrizesCLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT