CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc. Click here for more details.
|Date:||08/18/2009 from 7:30 AM to 01:30 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Westin Southfield, (248) 827-4000, (Free Parking & Wi-Fi)
There is a tightly focused 1/2 day agenda (see below) that maximizes attendees' learning. Angelbeat coordinates 10 expert speakers (from organizations listed to the right) who each deliver a concise, technical and complementary talk tied to security, infrastructure, storage/backup and networks. Common themes across all presentations are virtualizing platforms, protecting data and reducing expenses. Content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and prior year attendees to maximize learning. CISSP's receive 6 CPE credit hours for attending. Watch Angelbeat on Youtube to see past clips from past events and hear attendee testimonials. Special Windows 7 Preview, Web 2.0 Security Solutions, Cisco Data Center/Server Offerings
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstration
8:30 -Â 9:30 ITÂ Security/Compliance
- Anti-Spam, Spyware detection & elimination, and strategies to protect against blended email/web threats, identity theft, and phishing attacks.
- Network architecture and defense-in-depth security solutions: optimal combination of VPN, Firewall, IDS, IPS, Anti-Virus
- Secure remote access, need for SSL/VPN and dynamic configuration of user applications based on connection method: public vs. corporate wifi, celluar 3G/4G network, home PC
- Web 2.0, Facebook/Linkedin, Peer-2-Peer/IM and social networking security risks and solutions
- Data leakage analysis and reporting: monitoring data at rest, in motion and in use
- Securing web-based applications against unauthorized access, thereby protecting back-end data
- Email andÂ file/storage encryption solutions to protect confidential data
- PCI Compliance/Standards and eDiscovery methodologies
- PC manageability and security: Automatically patching/repairing/restoring misconfigured or infected desktopâ€™s & laptops thru centralized policy without help desk support
9:30 - 10:30 Server, Desktop, Data Center Virtualization, Thin Client, Cloud Computing, Storage/Backup/Disaster Recovery
- Virtualization capabilities for storage, servers and overall data centers, to save energy/money and run multiple applications and operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix) independent of hardware platform
- Server consolidation, reduced infrastructure/support expenses and Green IT
- Thin client architecture, desktop virtualization, Cloud Computing and centralized management of PC applications
- Matching devices with end user QoS requirements & data center architecture; running video and other bandwidth-intensive hosted applications still require powerful PC's
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual environments
- Analysis of Storage platforms and architectures: Fibre Channel, SNA, SAN, iSCSI
- Disaster Recovery, Archiving & Business Continuity; distinction between backing up & actually recovering data
- Best practices and recommendations for matching storage platform/hardware with virtualization
- Data de-duplication deployment on primary and secondary storage, and corresponding benefits
- Email archiving/storage solutions for compliance with HIPAA, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, and other regulatory standards
10:30 - 11:00: Break, Product Demonstrations
11:00 - 11:30: Networks: WAN Optimization, Application Acceleration, Systems Monitoring, Wireless
- Bandwidth management and application acceleration tools for WAN Optimization and data traffic prioritization, i.e. voice over data, etc.
- Network traffic analysis to identify performance/QoS issues and track malicious activity
- Solutions to address WAN vs LAN speed differential
- Automated monitoring of networks, servers (physical and virtual), applications and edge devices
- 802.11n high-speed wireless networks and wifi security issues & solutions
- Fixed Mobile Convergence, usage of handheld devices on both cellular & wifi networks, and integrated Voice/Data/Video Platforms
11:30 - 12:00: Cisco Data Center Initiatives
This is an overview of Ciscoâ€™s Nexus 1000V Virtual Switch for vSPHERE. Learn how combining Cisco Networking with VMware Virtualization will accelerate server virtualization deployments and simplify server management and operations. The Nexus 1000V switch is a pure software implementation of a Cisco Nexus switch. It resides on a server and integrates with the hypervisor to deliver network service at the virtual machine-level. It offers tightly integrated network services as part of both a server virtualization strategy and a broader data center virtualization strategy and provides operations and management consistency with existing Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Switches.
12:00 -12:30: Windows 7 â€“ Maximize Your Potential
In designing Windows 7, the engineering team had a clear focus on what we call â€˜the fundamentals': performance, application compatibility, device compatibility, reliability, security and battery life. Early reviews of Windows 7 seem to indicate that the choice to focus on the fundamentals is resonating well with many users and professionals. And, IT professionals will further benefit from the enhancements to manageability and security. Youâ€™ll also learn how your investments in testing and evaluating Windows Vista will pay off in the transition to Windows 7. Come see firsthand what all the buzz is about in this demo-intensive session where we explore the UI improvements, performance gains, and manageability enhancements in the next client operating system from Microsoft.
12:30 - 1:30: Lunch, Product Demonstration
Conclusion of Main Event, Raffles/Giveaways including an iPod and other prizes!
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND THE EVENT