CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or call our offices at 516-277-2057.
FREE to IT professionals in networking, security, storage, architecture, telecommunications, etc. Click here for more details.
|Date:||10/07/2008 from 7:30 AM to 03:00 PM|
|Add this to my Outlook Calendar|
Embassy Suites Washington Square (Free Parking & WiFi), 503-644-4000
Program Description: There is a tightly focused agenda (see below) that maximizes attendees' learning. Angelbeat coordinates 14 expert speakers (from organizations listed to the right) who each deliver a short, concise, technical talk on a different issue related to: 1) security and compliance/ediscovery, 2) networks, wireless & voip, and 3) Infrastructure, storage and virtualization. All content is pre-approved by Angelbeat and prior year attendees to remove fluff, redundant information, etc.
7:30 - 8:30: Breakfast, Registration, Product Demonstration
8:30 - 9:40 IT Security/Compliance
- Anti-Spam, Spyware detection & elimination, and strategies to protect against blended email/web threats and phishing attacks.
- Network architecture and defense-in-depth security solutions: optimal combination of VPN, Firewall, IDS, IPS, Anti-Virus
- Secure remote access, SSL/VPN vs IPSEC, and Network access control (NAC) strategies and options
- Web 2.0, Peer-2-Peer/IM and social networking security risks and solutions
- Data leakage analysis and reporting: monitoring data at rest, in motion and/or in use
- Securing web-based applications against unauthorized access, thereby protecting back-end data
- Email and file/storage encryption solutions to protect confidential data
- PCI Compliance/Standards and eDiscovery methodologies
- PC manageability and security: Automatically patching/repairing/restoring misconfigured or infected desktop's & laptops thru centralized policy without help desk support
9:40 - 10:00 Mobility/Wireless
- Wi-Fi security issues and answers, rogue access point detection and correction
- New Wi-Fi standards including 802.11n and next generation WPA
- Integrated wired/wireless network management architecture; can wireless replace wired in new construction and provide non-stop connectivity
- Virtualized wireless controller systems, for greater reliability, resiliency and performance
- Latency considerations and access point density when using 802.11 networks for VoIP
- Location-based services for enterprise asset tracking
- Secure transfers between Wi-Fi and 3G networks, to eliminate need for re-authentication; Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) applications
- Wi-Fi guest access for contractors, visitors and guests
10:00 - 10:20 VoIP, Unified Communications, IP-Based Networks
- Unified communications: one platform to manage all voice, data and video messaging
- Integrating PBX, Cell Phone and VoIP voice applications through SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) standard
- Voice/Data/Video combined applications: retrieving voicemail through outlook, using email or im for telephone calls.
- Presence applications: real-time status (at office, home, traveling) of all contacts to eliminate phone tag
- Security considerations: SPIT (spam over Internet telephony), preventing denial-over-service attacks on VoIP networks
- VoIP benefits: lower phone bills, workforce flexibility/productivity, disaster recovery
- Computer headsets/softphones; are desktop/hard phones still required
- Network requirements to support centrally hosted VoIP applications
10:20 - 11:15: Break, Product Demonstration
11:15 - 11:45: WAN Optimization, Physical Infrastructure, Application Acceleration, Video Impact on Network Performance, Network & Systems Monitoring
- Bandwidth management and application acceleration tools for WAN Optimization and data traffic prioritization, i.e. for mission critical transmissions, voice over data, etc.
- Network traffic analysis to identify performance/QoS issues and track potentially malicious activity
- Solutions to address WAN vs LAN speed differential
- Physical layer design recommendations to minimize cabling costs & power consumption
- Automated monitoring of networks, servers (physical and virtual), applications and edge devices
- Overall systems/infrastructure management
11:45 - 12:30: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Demonstration/Compatibility with Unix & Linux/Virtualization Capabilties & Hyper-V Features, 2:00 - 2:30: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, Cloud Computing, SaaS Applications
The Windows Server 2008 operating system will directly or indirectly affect every single IT professional. Here are the major enhancements to be discussed/demonstrated:
- Interoperability: Manage Microsoft, Unix and/or Linux hybrid IT infrastructures seamlessly
- Web: Deliver rich web-based experiences efficiently and effectively, with improved administration and diagnostics, development and application tools, and lower infrastructure costs
- Virtualization: With built-in Hyper V server virtualization technology, reduce costs, increase hardware utilization, optimize your infrastructure, and improve server availability
- Security: Hardened operating system and security innovations include Network Access Protection, Federated Rights Management, and Read-Only Domain Controller
- Workload Management: With new technologies and features such as Server Core, PowerShell, Windows Deployment Services, and enhanced networking and clustering technologies, Server 2008 is the most versatile and reliable Windows platform for all workload and application requirements.
WindowsÂ® Internet Explorerâ„¢ 8, the next version of the worldâ€™s most popular browser for Windows, offers a user experience that reaches beyond of a webpage and brings the variety of online services to life. In this era of cloud computing, software-as-a-service and thin client architecture, IT professionals must have a much better understanding of browser functionality, features and security. Demonstrated features and capabilities of this new release include:
- Activities: Activities give users ready access to the online services they care about most from any page they visit, and developers gain an easy way to extend the reach of their online services. Itâ€™s as simple as selecting text to get started with an Activity.
- WebSlices: Developers can mark parts of Web pages as â€œWebSlicesâ€ and enable users to monitor information they rely on as they move about the Web. With a click in the Favorites bar, users see rich WebSlice visuals, and developers establish a valuable, persistent end-user connection.
- Safety Filter: As part of an ongoing commitment to privacy and security, Internet Explorer 8 enhances the phishing filter to provide additional protection against evolving phishing threats. With the Safety Filter, Internet Explorer 8 will now analyze the full URL string and providing greater protection against more targeted and sophisticated phishing attacks.
12:30 - 1:30: Lunch, Product Demonstration
1:30 - 2:00 Server & Desktop Virtualization, Data Center Consolidation, SaaS, Thin Client Architecture, Storage/Archiving/Disaster Recovery
- Virtualization capabilities for storage and servers, to permit organizations to simultaneously run multiple applications and operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix) independent of hardware platform
- Data Center cost reduction thru server consolidation, reduced infrastructure/support expenses and lower power consumption
- Thin client architecture, desktop virtualization, software-as-a-service, and centralized management of PC applications
- Recommendations for matching devices with end user QoS requirements & data center architecture; running video and other bandwidth-intensive hosted applications still require powerful PC's
- Strategies for securing, patching and updating virtual environments
- Analysis of Storage Technology architectures: Fibre Channel, SNA, SAN, iSCSI
- Tiered data storage, management of data-at-rest versus data-in-motion
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity; distinction between backing up & actually recovering data
- Best practices and recommendations for matching storage platform/hardware with virtualization
- Data de-duplication issues and solutions for optimal archiving
- Email archiving/storage solutions for compliance with HIPAA, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, and other regulatory standards
- Special Cisco presentation on matching networking platforms (routers/hubs/switches) to data center/NOC infrastructure
2:00 - 2:25: Intel Quad-Core Server, vPro Desktop, Centrino Pro Laptop Chipset Platforms
- Power management, energy savings and improved performance with Quad-Core chipset platforms for PCs and Servers
- Enhanced performance of enterprise applications such as virtualization (Xen, VMware) and systems/desktop mgt (Landesk, Altiris, SMS) through new chipset platforms.
- vPro desktop and CentrinoPro desktop semiconductor platforms for remote diagnostic/trouble-shooting without sending a technician to repair a disabled PC.
- Desktop mgt solutions including 100% accurate remote patch update & hardware/software inventory compilation without onsite analysis, from a central console
2:25 - 2:45: Cisco Data Center Initiatives: Integration of NOC Infrastructure with Networking Platforms
This section will discuss how changes in NOC infrastructure- server consolidation, hosted applications, SaaS - impact networking platforms.
Conclusion of Event, Raffles/Giveaways including an iPod and other prizes!